CAFCE Atlantic’s Research Committee completed a research study and learned that co-op is growing in Atlantic Canada. For example, 4,676 co-op work terms were completed by students in Atlantic Canada in 2013 and the number of co-op work terms has grown by 58% between 1993 and 2013. Click here for to review the Research Committee’s findings.
- 4,676 co-op work terms completed by students in Atlantic Canada in 2013
- 74% of all co-op work terms completed in 2013 were located in Atlantic Canada
- In 2013, co-op students in Atlantic Canada earned $47 million through their co-op salaries
- The average co-op work term salary in 2013 was $10,760
- The number of co-op work terms has grown by 58% between 1993 and 2013